The best ‘real life’ opening lines…
Writing about pick up lines is a topic that can easily become too serious or weighed down in
The truth is, the opening line is one that will mean different things to different people. Indeed it’s the difference of whether or not you click and the other person appreciates your approach.
There are many feelings and emotions that rush through your mind when you ‘ask someone out’ so logic often doesn’t come in to play, nor is how you felt about it likely to be exactly the same way the other saw it.
Your awkward might have been perceived as cute or vice versa. The same goes for your confidence may have been perceived as a bit cocky.
So let’s take a look at what you came here for...and example of opening lines. Let’s be clear, these should not be considered dating advice or recommendations!
- Even if there wasn't gravity on earth, I'd still fall for you.
- You could also make your approach specific to a common interest...for example if you’re both interested in science “do you believe in protons, because you’re sodium fine”
- Or be location specific if you happen to have a chance meeting at Maccas, “Seeing you is like that joy when I finish my bag of McDonalds and find extra fries in the bottom of the bag”
- If you’re a fan of Mad Men… “I'm just like Peggy Olson... Come back to my place, I've got all the ideas and will do all the work. “
- And here’s a favourite “Do you know what my shirt’s made of? Boyfriend material.”
- Or how about something just this direct...“Hey, I just wanted to say I’d be keen to get to know you better, if you were interested too.”
Out of all those, we’re sure you liked some of those more than others. Maybe some gave you a laugh but it’s the last thing you’d want to hear from your future partner! How about something just this direct...“Hey, I just wanted to say I’d be keen to get to know each other better…”
If someone gives you the line “hey there, there’s something wrong with my phone, it doesn’t have your number in it?” then you’d be best to give them a ClicChat card rather than your number. In the days where your mobile is linked to both personal and work life, the card offers an extra level of security before you give a stranger unabated access to you.
In the end, the outcome from your opening line will either clic or it won’t, but the main thing is, you don’t miss the opportunity to make contact because who knows who you might just clic with.
Using a ClicChat card as part of your opening will likely tell the other person the following:
- You’re able to have face to face conversations,
- You respect privacy and
- That you’re interested in them and they were worth you putting yourself out there.
If you never hear back, well it’s not the end of the world. If you do, and things go places, then that’s wonderful too!